Applications of Architectural 3D Laser Scanning and 3D Modeling
3D Laser scanning has been the real handy tool for Architectural designing, Planning, Construction, Reconstruction, Maintenance and Documentation purposes. Architectural industry has benefited in several ways i.e. Accuracy, In-depth analysis , Estimations, Management etc. In the field of Archaeology and Heritage site preservation, 3D Laser scanning has been the revolutionary breakthrough technology tool that helps these architectural verticals immensely.
Building Information Modeling embedded into 3D CAD model, created from as built structures helps facility management services streams to monitor and reduce the cost of maintenance drastically.
List of Applications in Architectural Industry Vertical
Residential and Commercial New Construction Sites
- Creating to the scale accurate Topographic Map with Digital Elevation Model.
- Easy Area and Volumetric Calculations for excavation activities
- RCC Structure Audit for Dimensional deviations
- New Building Model can be placed over the 3D Surface Model created from Topographic Map to depict the actual topographic situations at the construction site using presentations and 3D Walkthroughs
Heritage and Monumental Sites
- Creating precision 3D Model for Documentation purpose.
- Preservation and Reconstruction, Planning and estimations for damaged sites
- Creating Walkthroughs and Virtual Tours for the visitors
Sport and Entertainment Complexes
- Construction and Reconstruction of infrastructure such as Stadiums and Outdoor facilities.
- Maintenance of entire Infrastructure by the way of Facility Management.
- Creating Walkthrough and Virtual tours for presentations and facility showcase purposes.
- For Event Security and Management Purposes
Large Retail Outlets (Mall Infrastructure)
- For Maintenance and Management of Large Malls and Retail Stores
- Creating Virtual Tours for Customers visiting such premises
- For Security Planning and Management Purpose
Applications of Mechanical 3D Laser Scanning and 3D Modeling
Mechanical 3D modeling from 3D point cloud is a 2 part process, one is, Component 3D modeling and second part is assembling all the individual components to form an assembly Model. These 3D models can be further used for Inspection, AQ Audit, Analysis, Dimensional accuracy, Documentation or Marketing purposes.
Mechanical Components requires very high resolution scanning to achieve micron level accuracyso the reason it requires high quality, high resolutions Scanners. Scan to model methodology is generally used for reversed engineering and QA audits. This is the fastest method to create accurate as manufactured 3D model from point cloud.
Mechanical components are generally complex in shapes and require certain preprocessing to create precision 3D model.
List of Applications in Mechanical Industry Vertical
Automobile Components and Assembly 3D Laser Scanning and 3D Modeling
- Engine – Engine Assembly and Engine Components like Head, Crank Case, Cam Rod, Connecting Road, Piston, Valves, Exhaust Manifold etc.
- Transmission – Clutch Plate, Main Gear Shaft, Gears, Sleeves, Gearbox casing, gear shifting mechanism etc.
- Sheet metal Parts – Vehicle Shell, Doors, Boot Door, Fenders, Bonnet, Exhaust System etc.
- Vehicle Interior – Panels, Seating System etc.
- Earth Moving Equipment – Excavator, Bulldozer, Heavy duty conveyers, Large Trucks, Mining equipment
- Handling Products – Cranes, Gantries, Lifts, Fork Lifts etc.
- Boiler Shells, Large Treatment vessels
- Ship Vessel Frame building Audit and Measurements
- Ship Vessel Alignments w.r.t. to frame
- Ship Vessel Shape measurements for deviations
- Propeller Form Inspection
- Engine Room Alignments
- Aircraft Fuselage Dimensional Audit and Measurements
- Aircraft Interior scanning
- Aircraft Engine Housing Dimensional Audit and Measurements
Applications of Electrical 3D Laser Scanning and 3D Modeling
3D Laser scanning has been instruments in various electrical industry verticals due to its non contact measurement nature and non interference with magnetic field. 3D Laser scanning is often used in Electrical power distribution and Power generation equipment for risk audits, shifting and reconstructions purposes
List of Applications of 3D Laser Scanning and 3D Modeling in Electrical Industry Vertical
Substation 3D Modeling
HV and LV substation frequently requires maintenance, Upgradation and audit from safety point of view, 3D laser scanning and 3D modeling is an effective tool to perform these duties
Power Plant 3D modeling
3D Laser scanning is an effective tool in Hydroelectric, Solar and Wind power plant due its long range scanning abilities which reduces the risk while surveying the target area.
Power line Transmission 3D Modeling
Power line Transmission construction and Maintenance is a tedious and high risk task. 3D Laser scanning makes these task simpler and saves lots of time and speedup the work to make sure the there is less downtime. 3D Laser scanning is an effective tool in Hydroelectric, Solar and Wind power plant due its long range scanning abilities which reduces the risk while surveying the target area.
Windmill Farm 3D Modeling
Time to time Windmill farm needs alignment and deviations audits which can be easy done using 3D Laser scanning.
Solar Farms 3D Modeling
Solar Cell stands needs alignment and damage audits which can done from long distance with ease. Also the large areas are covered in minimum survey setups which is an added advantage to lower the survey cost.
Applications of Industrial Plant 3D Laser Scanning and Modeling
3D modeling from 3D Laser scanned data, try to solve many constructional and, Repair and Maintenance problem in any large plants. This technique has simplified and reduced the life hazard and risk for people working in high risk zone in these industrial plants. Due its large coverage and non contact nature, surveying time has reduced drastically with 3D visual aide for inspection perspective.3D Laser scanning has been the real handy tool for Architectural designing, Planning, Construction, Reconstruction, Maintenance and Documentation purposes. Architectural industry has benefited in several ways i.e. Accuracy, In-depth analysis , Estimations, Management etc. In the field of Archaeology and Heritage site preservation, 3D Laser scanning has been the revolutionary breakthrough technology tool that helps these architectural verticals immensely.
List of Applications for Industrial Plant 3D Laser Scanning and 3D Modeling
Automobile and Machinery Manufacturing plants can be modeled for Maintenance, Repair, Reconstruction, Guided tour purposes
Oil and Gas Plant
These plants are high risk plant and need more maintenance care, close inspections are impossible due to its design and operations , 3D laser scanning provides better visual tool for inspection and auditing of such plants
Distillation Plant and Chemical Refineries
These plants have complex mechanical structures and needs time to time inspection and audit time from cracks, leakage, and breakage detection perspective
Food Processing Plants
Food Processing industries require large vessels and pipes for various processes, these equipments needs to be inspected and audited for any cracks, leakages and breakage issues, 3D laser scanning makes provide better tool to overcome these problems.
Applications of Infrastructural 3D Laser Scanning and 3D Modeling
Terrestrial and Airborne 3D Laser scanners are used to scan the infrastructure facilities like roads, bridges, tunnels, rivers, dams etc. Laser scanning is the fastest and cheapest methods available today to create topographic map and digital surface model.
List of Applications of Infrastructural 3D Laser scanning and 3D modeling
Roads, Highways, Bridges, Flyovers, Tunnels etc. can be scanned for various purpose like cost estimations, audits, alignments, realignments, repair and maintenance.
Rail, Bullet Trains, Metro rail and mono-rail infrastructure scanning and 3D modeling can be used for asset management, construction audit, deviations, route alignments etc
Airport and Runway Infrastructure
Airport and Runway design and construction is highly complex tasks and 3D laser scanning make these tasks easier than before. 3D laser scanned data can be used for construction audits, Monitoring, as built model, asset management, clash detection purposes
Hydro infrastructure comprises of river beds, Canals, Dams, Large Lakes, Drainage and sewage pipes, water treatment plants and 3D Laser Scanning can be used for various purposes like soil erosion analysis, Drainage analysis, deformation and crack analysis, alignment finalization etc.
Applications of Reverse Engineering 3D Laser Scanning and 3D Modeling
3D laser scanning of metallic and non-metallic components and assembly components is a general practice in product manufacturing verticals. This methods provide micron level accuracy modeling the scanning object. Computer aided Manufacturing (CAM) makes the maching of component more a precise and thus the product modeled from 3D Laser scanned data can directly be fed to CAM enabled machines to quickly manufacture desired product by the way of reverse engineering methodology.
Engine, Transmission, Body parts reverse engineering.
Metallic and Non-Metallic consumer product 3Dmodeling.
Electrical and Electronic Components
Home and Office purpose consumer grade appliances product 3D modeling.